- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
The Linguist – Introduction Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Prepared Speeches Voted Best Speech Speech Evaluation Speech Evaluation Speech Evaluation Voted Best Evaluation The Linguist – Evaluation …
Table Topics Evaluation Futureproofing Technical Presentations #3 – The Non-Technical Audience (10:00-12:00 min) Deliver an interesting talk based on the principles of communicating complex information to nontechnical listeners; Answer audience questions that arise during the presentation; Use overhead transparencies to illustrate the message. …
Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation How to Storm the Barn Competent Communication Manual #8 – Get Comfortable With Visual Aids (5:00-7:00 min) Select visual aids that are appropriate for the message and the audience.; Use two or more …
Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Do You Belong to a Community or a Network? Competent Communication Manual #3 – Get to the Point (5:00-7:00 min) Organize speech to achieve general and specific purpose; Reinforce purpose with beginning, body, …
The Linguist’s Introduction Best Table Topics – Joint Winners Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Workshop – EBS Educational Programme With A Little Help From My Friends Competent Communication Manual #1 – The Ice Breaker (4:00-6:00 min) Speak before …
Michelle is a recent PhD graduate. She says she owes much of her sanity during her PhD years to the love, support and encouragement she found from the wonderful Early Bird Speakers family. Michelle founded a Toastmasters club at Imperial College, she has taken on …
Table Topics Evaluation Speech Evaluation Law. What is it Good For? Competent Communication Manual #5 – Your Body Speaks (5:00-7:00 min) Use stance, movement, gestures, facial expressions, and eye contact to express the message and achieve the speech’s purpose; Make body language smooth …
Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Workshop Your Biggest Legacy Competent Communication Manual # 2 – Organise Your Speech (5:00 – 7:00 min) Strong opening and conclusion; Outline that can be followed and understood; Clear message with supporting …
Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Workshop In Honour Of Those Who Stood Before Competent Communication Manual #5 Use stance, movement, gestures, facial expressions and eye contact to express your message and achieve your speech’s purpose. Make your …
Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter Storytelling #1 – The Folk Tale (7:00-9:00 min) Tell a folk tale that is entertaining and enjoyable for a specific age group; Use vivid imagery and voice …