- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
By Clodagh Phelan “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” Robert Frost. There are many quotes about mentoring. And even more about teaching. I like this one from the poet Robert Frost because it seems to capture the essence of mentoring. To explain that …
Bianca Tait is the current joint VP-PR of Early Bird Speakers, she is the brainchild behind the weekly EBS Member interviews. As part of her duties as PR, she takes the EBS weekly meeting photos and uploads them to social media and generally posts …
DELE OGUN Member Dele Ogun isn’t just a fantastic speaker, he’s also the writer of ‘The Law, The Lawyers and The Lawless’ – an autobiography that is as much about the English Bar as it is about the author. Among the anecdotes in the …
Mame-Yaa is a Sales & Business Development Manager at J.P.Morgan covering Frontier Markets. She lives in Surrey. Mame-Yaa is multi-facted and has a passion for horse polo, performing arts and entrepreneurship. What brought you to EBS? I was always on the look out for the …
The Linguist – Introduction Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Prepared Speeches Voted Best Speech Speech Evaluation Speech Evaluation Speech Evaluation Voted Best Evaluation The Linguist – Evaluation …
BY NINA, ACG, ALB Standing in front of a group and speaking for the first time, for some of us, can be petrifying, and I was certainly one cut from that cloth. I can distinctly recall a moment in my youth when I loved being …
On 9th April 2015, Bianca Tait was the second person to receive the prestigious President’s Award. This was awarded for: Being absolutely tireless in how she gets us all involved in the club’s interests with her encouraging spirit. She is brilliant in creating an ongoing …
Mutsuyuki Tokeshi (Yuki) studied Arabic and Spanish at Girton College, Cambridge and is now working as cabin crew for a major gulf airline. Before taking to the skies he worked as a Harry Potter Tour Guide and performed stand-up on the London comedy circuit. What brought …
The Linguist – Introduction Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Challenges, Goals & Achievements Competent Communication Manual #1 – The Ice Breaker (4:00-6:00 min) Speak before an audience; Use existing speaking skills; Introduce self to fellow club members.. …
Reena is an accomplished engineer and, after working for a few years in the corporate sector, she decided to use her skills to support organisations providing quality education to underprivileged children. Currently, she is the head of technology and impact in an education charity …