- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
The Linguist – Introduction Table Topics Evaluation Thankyou For The Learnings Competent Communication Manual #10 – Inspire Your Audience (8:00-10:00 min) Inspire the audience by appealing to noble motives, challenge the audience to achieve a higher level of beliefs or achievement; Appeal to …
By CLODAGH PHELAN We’re not talking about boy scouts here. However, the difference between an OK speech and a great speech is the amount of time spent preparing. ‘But I haven’t any time,’ I hear you cry. ‘I’ve a high-powered job. I’ve family commitments. I …
Erica Crump is a charity and social enterprise lawyer working at BWB – she has an interest in organisations and people that have more than making profit as their aim. She is of Anglo-Japanese heritage. She has lived in Hackney (East London) for the past 8 years – and is …
BY PATRICK BARON There is an interesting book relating to performance called The Inner Game of Tennis. Some of you may be familiar with it. I think it is highly relevant to public speaking. The idea of the book is that we can think of …
The Linguist – Introduction Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Speech Evaluation Voted Best Evaluation Of Kettles, Sheep’s Eyes, and Oxbow Lakes Speaking to Inform (2006) #5 – The Abstract Concept (6:00-8:00 min) Present the thought of …
BY IAN HAWKINS The worst sort of boring speaker is the one who doesn’t realise they are boring. So if you’ve ever worried that you might be boring, good news: merely by clicking through to read this, you have demonstrated that your affliction is …
Stuart Clark runs his own coaching and culture change company. He works privately and as an associate with other Clean Language organisations and uses Clean Language to inspire capability in groups and individuals and to train others to be able to do this too. Stuart …
The Linguist – Introduction Best Table Topic Voted Best Table Topic Table Topics Evaluation Making and Connecting the Dots Competent Communication Manual #2 – Organise Your Speech (5:00-7:00 min) Strong opening and conclusion; Outline that can be followed and understood; Clear message …
Hilary Briggs is a management consultant, focused on accelerating the growth and performance of small companies. She’s also the first District Governor for D91 covering UK south, with over 3,500 members. When she’s not working or carrying out Toastmasters duties, she can normally be …
Audiences like to hear from experts, but that doesn’t mean you have to have a postgraduate degree in a subject before you’re able to talk about it. Audiences also respond well to a speaker when they feel they are getting an insight into that speaker’s …