- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
Dear EBS members, Michelle Cheung is currently in the process of starting a club at Imperial College and requires sponsorship to buy equipment and pay the charter fee. Below are the direct and indirect benefits of sponsoring ICS. Speech/Roles slots Acquiring speech/roles of your …
Overview This is a busy role in that, during the course of a meeting, everyone has to be timed. Speakers that speak to time are developing a life skill. It is of critical importance and shows respect for an audience. Many of our members and …
Financial Advice – What would you say to Angela Merkel? Voted Best Table Topic Don’t ever call me normal, again!? Competent Communication Manual #1 – The Ice Breaker (4:00-6:00 min) Speak before an audience; Use existing speaking skills; Introduce self to fellow club members. …
Thoughts on the 3rd placed speech at Area 6’s Club Contest
Does It Have To Be Like This? Competent Communication Manual (4:00-6:00 min) #1 – The Ice Breaker Speak before an audience; Use existing speaking skills; Introduce self to fellow club members. Speech Evaluation The Elusive Higgs Boson Competent Communication Manual (5:00-7:00 min) #4 …
You will be leading the meeting and ensuring that everything is run smoothly, that speakers get the correct introductions and that the evaluators do their bit. Your energy, enthusiasm and engagement will craft and deliver a great meeting. The skills developed here are easily transferable to …
The Chase Competent Communication Manual #6 – Vocal Variety (5:00-7:00 min) Use voice volume, pitch, rate, and quality to reflect and add meaning and interest to the message; Use pauses to enhance the message; Use vocal variety smoothly and naturally. Voted Best Speech Evaluation Idiot’s …
High Definition Deficiency: Why Looters need Lettuce Competent Communication Manual #4 – How to Say It (5:00-7:00 min) Words and sentence structure communicates the ideas clearly, accurately and vividly; Rhetorical devices enhance and emphasize ideas; No jargon or unnecessary words; Correct grammar used. Evaluation …