- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
Overview Before Thursday Competent Leadership Review your Competent Leader manual to identify the project you are completing. This role can be evaluated in Project 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 or 10 of the Competent Leader manual so please let me know which project you wish …
The Interactive General Evaluator is a variation on the role where the emphasis is not on the views of the General Evaluator themselves, but instead of getting the views of the whole audience. The aim is to engage in a dialogue with the audience and …
The Chief Judge works together with the Contest Organiser to ensure all roles and functionary roles are fulfilled and briefings take place to place. If the Chief Judge is from outside of EBS, only the on-the-day functions are expected of them (with support from EBS …
Early Birds is different from most clubs in that it splits it’s Spring Contests (International Speech and Evaluation) and Autumn Contests (Humorous Speech and Table Topics) across two meetings each. Most clubs holds their contests in the same meeting. At EBS there is typically high …
Overview Before the meeting, the Guest Host is like the host of a good party – making everyone feel welcome and helping with introductions. It’s all about great hospitality, thinking about what would make their visit even better, and who you can introduce them to. …
by Paul R Carroll, London Athenian Speakers, TM Club 7365 Preparing for Table Topics: Long Term Follow current events – as Topics are frequently topical – ask yourself of the various headlines: What do I think of that? And, what would I say …
To accomplish the competent leader award, you have to complete a total of 23 assignments – the requirements for each project are outlined as follows. Our VPE provides an overview of the manual. 1: Listening and Leadership Complete 3 out of: Speech Evaluator Grammarian / …
An Article by Nina Glass About a month ago, our esteemed Early Bird Speakers Toastmaster Club President and Vice President of Education, Taz Miah and Neil Coleman shared with me that they had in mind to launch a new role in our Toastmasters meeting, call …
Overview The Sign-in role is the first Toastmaster that guests meet and an important requirement for the Security team at Freemason’s Hall. The Sign-in person is also responsible for collecting contact information for guests. On Thursday Before the members and guests arrive Arrive at 6:30AM! …
Overview The Receptionist is a particularly important role for our meetings as, aside from greeting our members and helping organise badges, you’re one of the first Toastmasters that our Guests meet. Think back to the first Toastmasters meeting you attended and what you were thinking …