- About UsEarly Bird Speakers is one of only four pre-breakfast Toastmasters clubs in London. By meeting early we avoid disrupting your working day or intruding on your evening. Our Club Mission To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment to foster self-confidence and personal growth where every member can develop communication and leadership skills. Our Club Values Quality – Reflected in Tightly Scheduled Meetings; Professionalism in Preparation and Delivery of Speeches; Members’ Learning Experience. Support – Evaluations of Members’ Speeches and Roles – Providing Encouragement in a Favourable Atmosphere. Personal Growth – Members Participate; Take Risks; Experiment in Speaking and Leadership. Passion – Infectious Enthusiasm to Learn; Self-Development while Having…
"ToastmastersToastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of member clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
- What we do
- Club Officers
- Our Members
- The Best Toastmasters Club in the World – A History of Early Bird Speakers
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2007-2008
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2008-2009
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2009-2010
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2010-2011
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2011-2012
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2012-2013
- Early Bird History – Appendix: Year 2013-2014
- Contact Us
I thouroughly enjoyed it, i learnt alot and was impressed by the warmth and the speeches. – "NJ"
Great venue, great people, great meeting! EBS never disappoints! – "MS"
I am pleased to have found aforum where people are so interested in pushing their comfort zone. – "G"
Inspiring, slick timing, great! – "FGS"
To think on the spot is difficult, but strangely exhilerating! – "WK"
Once again some useful learning points and interesting speeches! – "KD"
A wonderfully emotional and scary meeting with many a lingusitical fantasitical delight. Thank you very much! – "DS"
Really enjoyed myself, a diverse range of topics, discussed and people from different backgrounds present. – "MK"
Great!, Great!, Great!! You Guys Rock! – "JA"
This group is super friendly and welcoming, love having breakfast afterwards, it makes a huge difference. A developing experience to be around so many inspiring speakers! – "SH"
Really fun way to start the day whislt learning and meeting really welcoming people – "JS"
Toastmasters is fantastic, I would love to come back and see if I can present as all the others. It would be a fab challenge. – "EL"
– "SB"Very inspiring success, prosperity and happiness. Look…
- Early Bird TV
- Speakers Corner
In November 2014, I was fortunate enough to win the inaugural District 91 Humorous Speaking Contest. It was an immensely rewarding journey packed with many life lessons and growth points. If you are in the contest, best of luck – you are about to accelerate …
Lissi Corfield – “Dangerous Holidays with TGA” Sudeshna Choudhury – “Saved by a Boomerang Kindness” Tazud Miah – “Take a Time Out” Clodagh Phelan – “Of War and Separation”
The Chief Judge works together with the Contest Organiser to ensure all roles and functionary roles are fulfilled and briefings take place to place. If the Chief Judge is from outside of EBS, only the on-the-day functions are expected of them (with support from EBS …
First Place Second Place Third Place Runners up
First Place Second Place Third Place Runners up
Early Birds is different from most clubs in that it splits it’s Spring Contests (International Speech and Evaluation) and Autumn Contests (Humorous Speech and Table Topics) across two meetings each. Most clubs holds their contests in the same meeting. At EBS there is typically high …
First Place Boldly Going Second Place Sticking to the Sanskrit Third Place The Great Outdoors Runners up Historical View Two Tribes Owl House – in the middle our street A Room of One’s Own A Roof, Respite and …
First Place Second Place Third Place Runners up Igor Pop Losing Perspective Underground The Bullet in the Chamber Why would a speech have a title?
These are some of the speeches that were delivered at our Speech Contest! Magical Math – I. Cseh The Hen Night – S. Choudhury Stop…! – A. Wood Pain – A. Cowie
10 Evaluators battled it out for the title of “The Early Bird Evaluation Champion”… the contest produced some of the most insightful evaluations ever delivered at the club!